The RStudio IDE is a set of integrated tools designed to help you be more productive with R and Python. It includes a console, syntax-highlighting editor that supports direct code execution, and a variety of robust tools for plotting, viewing history, debugging and managing your workspace.
If you want to start practicing r programs then R Studio is the best IDE. In this section, I will write the steps on how you can install RStudio Desktop for your personal use. RStudio Desktop is totally free to use.
- First install R
- Install R Studio Desktop
To Install R:
- Open an internet browser and go to www.r-project.org.
- Click the “download R” link in the middle of the page under “Getting Started.”
- Select a CRAN location (a mirror site) and click the corresponding link.
- Click on the “Download R for Windows” link at the top of the page.
- Click on the “install R for the first time” link at the top of the page.
- Click “Download R for Windows” and save the executable file somewhere on your computer. Run the .exe file and follow the installation instructions.
- Now that R is installed, you need to download and install RStudio.
To Install RStudio
- Go to www.rstudio.com and click on the “Download RStudio” button.
- Click on “Download RStudio Desktop.”
- Click on the version recommended for your system, or the latest Windows version, and save the executable file. Run the .exe file and follow the installation instructions.
I hope you have installed R and R studio and now you are ready to practice your programs.